Saturday, November 29, 2008

Christmas

Michigan State has christmas break from dec 13 until jan 11 which means that for a whole month there's no school or homework and I am able to go home. Since I live in Hawaii I have to take a plane home and the flight takes about 14 hours. What I dont like about flying home is that not only is the flight really long but I have to watch all my luggage when im in the airport. Additionally, if anything goes wrong, like the plane breaking down resulting in a long layover, i have to make all those reservations myself. I guess that this is an opportunity for me to grow up and learn to take care of things on my own, but still, it would be nice to have someone else there to chat with. 
However, once I get home I plan on having an amazing Christmas break. I will get to spend time with my brother and sister who are growing up so fast. Especially my brother. Hes 12 right now and is getting taller everyday. when i left for school in august he was shorter than me and now my mom told me hes about 3.5 inches taller than me. He wants to go to the movies and do kid stuff so hes looking forward to me coming home. My sister is now a junior in high school and she just wants to go shopping so when i go home i get to drive her around. Im looking forward to seeing my parents as well. I miss them a lot and while im at home i can help them out around the house with cooking and cleaning in addition to doing some of the "soccer mom" duties and shopping. Overall i think it's going to be a great break and Im looking forward to it. 

No comments: